Monday 30 April 2007

Leek Match Report

Ex Captain my captain asked me to do it this week so here goes.


Which idiot brought leek and potato soup (dried!) along for the theme? You must have known what Gytie would do with it. Thank f**k we drank all that chinese shit two weeks ago. I come over all clammy and bilious just thinking about that as a combination in a glass.

As for the game. Well Howies break was a classic. A shuffle,a burst of what can laughingly pass as speed at his age and then of course the finish. Poor old Geoff screaming for the ball and HG gives it to the opposition! Bugger. Full marks to Gytie for thoroughly winding up their hooker. He did an excellent job. Of course Captain my Captain had to get in on the act and only the restraining influence of one or two of the senior players stopped him punching the living daylights out of some poor little prop. One sending of on a saturday is enough for the club thank you very much.

To be fair we stuck at it all afternoon and with only fourteen men against fifteen! Maybe it was game too far. At least it enabled Phil Preece to record the shortest ever retirement. No games missed!

Anyway I've thoroughly enjoyed the season, well done Mike Barber you've done a great job and I can't wait to hear your speech at the annual dinner. I don't believe for one moment that you will bottle out and get Tim Charles to do it for you.

Apres Match

Changing room moment - Benno inserting his finger covered with some fiery thai balm into Dillys nether regions. Dilly now qualifies for the Brokeback Mountain Golden finger award. (To be presented at the Annual Dinner by James Weston and Dan Gyte.)

Man of the Match - Wayne Dilworth (Tay was a close second)

Twat of the Day - Howard. A no brainer for anyone who saw his intercepted pass.(Though who ever forgot to get us a referee should have got it really) If it hadn't been for Dave Robinson we would have been in the bar two hours earlier.

Really cruel moment - Dave Robinson for denying Gytie his try.

The first team - They are better rugby players than they are women!

Well thats about it for another season. No doubt our Captain in Waiting has plenty of exciting things lined up for us.

I very much doubt that the Advertiser will print this but you never know.

5 comments:

WayneDilly said...

don't remember getting man of the match , just drinking alot of pernod!

WayneDilly said...

and if I did get motm , does this mean I can play backrow next season ?

WayneDilly said...

Please !!!! :-)

The Birdwatcher said...

So you don't remember pleading to be allowed to play loosehead next season? :) Better ask next captain my captain I think don't you?

WayneDilly said...

I think you'll find that I was drunk , and not medically certified insane, which you should be if you think for one minute I'm prepared to go in the front row